How Large Is a 10-Yard Dumpster Really?
It can be hard to estimate what size dumpster is right for your project. As a general rule of thumb, a 10-yard dumpster is a great choice when you are working on a small home improvement or landscaping project. Keep in mind that the renovation may seem large to you and your home’s aesthetic, but compared with a full construction site, one-room renovations or landscaping projects are fairly small. The 10-yard dumpster fits easily in your home’s driveway while you are using it. Consider the following when choosing a 10-yard dumpster:
- Capacity. This size fits around four pickup trucks’ worth of debris.
- Dimensions. The 10-yard dumpsters measure at 8’x11’, with the side walls standing at 3 ½ feet.
- Weight Restrictions. Landfills generally allow debris based on weight, so this is important to keep in mind. A 10-yard dumpster holds 4,000-6,000 lbs., or 2-3 tons of waste.
10-Yard Dumpster Jobs
10-yard dumpsters are ideal for small home projects and landscaping. Remember that we deliver the dumpster to your home and remove it at the end of the job, so you don’t have to worry. These are some jobs we generally see our 10-yard dumpsters used for:
- Home Renovations
- Soil, Concrete, and Heavy Material Disposal
- Yard Waste Removal
- Garage, Household, and Shed Clean-up
How Do I Prepare for my Dumpster?
Renting a dumpster is a great way to make your life easier. There are only a few simple tasks you need to perform before your dumpster arrives:
- Make Room. A 10-yard dumpster will require around 50 feet of driveway. Remove all vehicles and other items from the driveway and ensure that there’s a clear path.
- Clearance. A dumpster delivery requires 14’-18’ of vertical clearance for proper placement. Ensure that there are no electrical lines, branches, etc., blocking the way.
- Remember Restrictions. No matter what size dumpster you get, there are weight restrictions to follow. Make sure that the weight of your debris will fit into the size you’ve ordered.
- Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to be home at the time of your delivery. As long as the above preparation tasks are completed, you are all set!
We want to make your dumpster rental experience easy, affordable, and pleasant. We pride ourselves on our customer service and are happy to help you choose the right size dumpster for your project. Rest assured, when you work with Fast Dumpster, you will always have the right size dumpster for your project.