Conquer The Biggest Jobs with a 40-Yard Dumpster
The 40-cubic-yard dumpster is our largest option, and for most contractors, this size is usually the best choice for a job site. While residential or civilian customers can, of course, rent this size, it is often best for huge construction projects generally only done by professionals. As our largest size, it’s important to be aware of the specs to be sure it will fit in your space:
- 40-yard dumpsters have an incredibly large capacity, fitting up to 12 pickup trucks’ worth of materials. In terms of weight, this size can fit 10,000 to 12,000 pounds of material.
- This dumpster is not only the largest, but it is the tallest option as well, at 8 feet tall.
- The dimensions are 7 ½’x22’, so it takes up a minimal amount of ground space.
- Landfills charge for dumping based on weight, so it’s important to keep our staff informed so we can help you stay inside the weight limits. There are also restrictions on the type of debris you can put in landfills, so it’s essential to be aware of those restrictions as well.
Best Uses for a 40-Yard Dumpster
When you have large amounts of waste material to get rid of, it requires the biggest available trash bin. Doing so ensures the best way to deal with this larger amount of refuse. However, it is important to note that it’s not recommended to use this size of dumpster for heavy waste such as concrete. Our customers find this size of dumpster best for these types of jobs:
- Large home remodeling projects involving multiple rooms or the whole house, or addition projects that add 2,000 sq. ft. or more.
- Larger construction jobs that utilize a contractor. The 40-yard bins can handle the demolition waste from these types of jobs, as well as packaging, old flooring materials, decking and patio demolition material, old drywall, tile, roofing shingles, metal, and more.
Planning ahead is a huge part of the success of a job. The best way to do this is to be open and honest with our team about what you need. There is always a solution. Here are some essential considerations when renting a 40-yard dumpster:
- Delivery area. A 40-yard dumpster requires at least 60’ in length and 10 ½’ in width of the area. Make sure a space of that size is adequately cleared to accommodate delivery.
- Overhead Space. Overhead space is just as important to delivery as ground space. The 40-yard dumpster needs 23 vertical feet to be lifted into place. This area needs to be completely clear, tree limbs and telephone wires included.
- Weight. Asphalt and concrete cannot be placed in this bin. The weight of these materials would exceed its limitations. Be sure to be as accurate as possible with weight estimation before you order, and always discuss it with our team.
For all large-scale dumpster rentals, Fast Dumpster has your back. Our team is dedicated to working one-on-one with customers, so you can rent a dumpster with confidence and finish your project with ease, all while staying on budget.